Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mean people - why?

*Disclaimer - this would not be one of my more upbeat posts*


I am terrible at relationships. Do other people say that? I hope that I'm not alone in that. My problem is that I think I'm a good judge of character but my most recent relationship would prove that I'm not. The real problem is that I knew the guy had it in him to be nasty and mean and I stayed with him anyway. Always hoping that he would get better; believing him when he'd apologize and promise to get better. Does that make me weak? Probably.


Why can't he let it go? It's over and his answer to that is to make my life as awful as he can. I'm sure people have heard that before. What is it in someone that drives them to be so cruel? To rub it in when they are hurt. To make you as absolutely miserable as possible because if he is then I should be too. Beyond that though, what creates someone who isn't just mean but so vicious that they screw with your job, your family...everything you are.


I thought if you loved someone that you want them to be happy no matter what's going on. You don't stick the knife in over and over and then twist it again for good measure.

1 comment:

  1. we've all been there...hang in there, it'll be over before you know it

    ReplyDelete