Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cuts and Scrapes

I hear "Hello!" coming from the front door today. My new neighbor is calling to me as I'm straightening up the guest room. I come around the corner and he pokes his head in the door. "Your little girl's had a spill," he says to me. This is my neighbor across the cul-de-sac who was mowing his lawn in the 100-degree heat. His own little girl was hanging out in the shade.

Looking out the front door, Caiden is at the bottom of the driveway tangled up in her purple scooter with the purple tassles, holding her head. Yep, she had a spill alright.
Now, she has been gathering up the courage to go all the way down the driveway on that scooter for two weeks. Normally she goes half way and walks the rest of the way. Guess today she had it in here to make it all the way. But oops, she crashed and burned at the bottom. Poor thing had a bump on her head and all limbs had scrapes, cuts, a little blood and dirt.

Good thing I had Scooby Doo band-aids on hand. I kept thinking about how this was a right of childhood passage. Skinned knees. Toughens her up. And of course, a trip to Cold Stone cured all!

No comments:

Post a Comment