Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Headaches - yeah right

I get them all the time. Painful, searing, stabbing, throbbing, aching...all in my forehead and skating down my neck. Doctor, you say? The quack my doctor recommended diagnosed me with migraines because of my obvious intelligence that he deduced from the fact that I was reading an Economist magazine. That Harvard neurosurgeon school really paid off.

It must have been where they taught him that because my father had headaches, then mine would be worse due to a strange phenomenon of cross over DNA traits passed paternally to the daughter. Huh?

Jumping on the bed when I was five and crashing headfirst into the window sill TWICE and thus, cracking my skull, causing my poor mother to have her first heart attack at the ripe old age of 25, couldn't have anything at all to do with it.

But regardless, here I am after months of shoving pill after pill in my mouth in a fruitless effort to regulate or prevent more onslaught on pulsating steak knives into my head. Not much has changed. Nausea and debilitating pain still wreaks its daily havoc causing me to continually endure the "yeah right" looks from friends and family. I'm not sure my insurance company will even reimburse my ER visit for one a few months ago.
There has to be a better way.

No one ever believes headache sufferers because there is no obvious pain. Just constant bed lying, pill taking, sun glass wearing and asking to turn down the television. But alas, we still suffer. And we will prevail in a cure that is pill free and allow me to spend more quality time with my family. Maybe the 10 day fast will do it. Maybe not but it's sure worth a shot because the one I'm aching from right now is quickly bringing my typing time to an end.

Headache sufferers everywhere: Never fear, I'm on a mission to seek out a better solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment