Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Press One

Why? Why do I need to press 1? I have been on hold with the VA for what feels like a week. Elevator music rings in my ear and at the end of every concerto, I hear "If you wish to remain on the line, press 1" in the most reassuring, nauseatingly calm voice.

For the umpteenth time, I've pressed one. I feel like Phoebe from friends who refused to hang up because that's how the company got you; by wearing you down. That could go for the federal government as well.

It seems to me that if someone didn't wish to remain on the line, they would just hang up. Just hearing that guy's irritating voice in my ear is reason enough to hang up. That stinging music in my ear constantly interrupted by the idiot who keeps telling me to push one is enough to make me pull my hair out.

Where are all the attendants? Is the VA so understaffed? I refuse to be beaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment